Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Most Powerful Weapon Known To God or Man

Hey blogheads, I haven't been at the blogger dashboard in a while. I was on a brief vacation and committed to doing nothing but rest. That is not easy for someone like me who loves to work, but it was very refreshing. The only problem was the more I rested the more my mind became uncluttered. The more uncluttered my mind the more sermon thoughts filled the void. So I ended up writing a sermon or two for an upcoming series. Funny how it comes easier when you don't have to get it done.
I don't have much to say, seeing that my head is uncluttered and all, but I do have one amazing thing to report. This last Sunday at DBBC we collected an offering to buy Bibles to give to Muslims who would like to have a copy. The cost was just $5 to produce and distribute 1 Bible. You never know how people will respond. The anger towards the Muslim world is high and there are a lot of memories that come to the surface around the fifth anniversary of September 11, 2001. I am happy to report that Christian still believe that the Word of God is more powerful than any weapon that the world may ever forge. We received enough funds to purchase and distribute over 1,200 Bibles to the Muslim community. PTL.