Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Great Rags to Riches Story

I am beginning to get responses from my challenge for people to send me their "Rags to Riches" experiences. (See last blog for details) These are great and I want to begin sharing them with my readers. What a blessing to be a blessing to others. Remember you are never more like your Heavenly Father than when you give. (John 3:16)

My wife and I were looking to replace our minivan with another used vehicle. We felt for many months that God was asking us to consider giving away our van and we prayed over a span of 6 months for God to use the gift to his glory and place the car where someone needed it. This week we found a vehicle to buy at a dealership in town so we talked with the first salesman to greet us...a "random" meeting of strangers. When we discussed the details of a trade, the salesman said he knew a single mom who was in need of a car that she could afford to buy if our price was agreeable. The Lord pressed on our hearts that we would donate the car to the lady. What a blessing we received when we met the lady and found out she had been praying to God for a car that would hold her 3 children and be dependable. And what a further blessing when the salesman confided that he had never witnessed anyone donating a car to anyone. We were able to share with him about the goodness of God and rejoice with the young mom in the dealership showroom about the mercies of our Heavenly Father! And we are now praying about what to give away next!! (As pastor Ken says, "Stuff is stuff!" but Oh how God can use our stuff if we choose to let Him!).

I told you these stories are great. I'll have another story posted real soon. Don't forget to send me your stories.
In His Shadow,
Pastor Ken